Just the two of us...for now

Just the two of us...for now
And so the journey begins...

Monday, April 5, 2010

still more waiting

Ugh!!! Still waiting to get the final word about our chosen donor. At least I did hear something earlier this afternoon from my Egg Donor Coordinator. She wrote to me to let me know that she got some clarification about the donor's menstural cycle from her agency. (This is what the entire hold up is about.) It turns out that the donor had an "IUD-type device" implanted 2 months ago. Apparently before that, her cycle was regular. So now we just have to get the final ok from my RE. I wrote back to my coordinator, asking her if this would mean that we would have to wait until she got the IUD removed, and wait for her to have one or two regular cycles before we could proceed. I hope not. If that's the case, then it's like "OK. Next donor, please". Good thing I have an alternate donor, if need be. My question is: who the hell actually uses IUD's anymore??? Especially a 20 year old young woman??

No comments:

Post a Comment