Jeff woke me up this morning to give me my first PIO injection. I was prepared for the worst, so I gritted my teeth, and grab on to the pillow next to me. (I was laying down for the injection, to purposefully keep not only the weight off of the injection hip, but to also keep my balance in the event that the pain literally knocks me off of my feet.) Instead, it was super easy and painless. The only sensation I even felt was as the liquid was slowly being pushed in; this is because it's thicker than most injections. Also, after the injection (and after rubbing the spot a bit to disperse the oil), I felt a bit of a sting at the injection site. But that was about it. So relieved! I was getting myself so worked up for nothing! :)
This afternoon Jeff goes into the RE's office to provide his specimen. So exciting! Today we begin life!!!! I can't help but wonder how our donor is doing this morning...is she feeling nervous or anxious over her retrieval procedure that's taking place today? Even though I never got to meet her in person, I feel a bond to her, and feel kind of sad knowing that this is the end of our journey together. Either tomorrow or Sunday she will be flying back to her home. But I am so glad to hear that she's had nothing short of a great experience this cycle being a first time donor. God bless her. <3
:) more happy tears.... bout when I hit the "today we begin life" comment! Yeah!
ReplyDeleteTo relieve your worries about your egg donor- I've been through IVF, and aside from being tender and a bit groggy after retrieval I was fine. I had no real pain, no lasting effects. I felt like myself again the next day.
ReplyDeleteI ran into this blog after reading one of your answers on Yahoo and checking out your profile. I love your blog and I only started reading it today!