Today was my week 18 u/s, and we were expecting to find out the gender of Twin A (finally), since we found out 2 weeks ago the gender of Twin B (boy). Instead, what I experienced was the following, due to a substitute u/s tech being at the helm of the u/s machine today:
1.) She looked surprised that we had anticipated finding out the gender today. Before she even began, she stated "But it's still so early! I doubt we'll see it today." She followed that up with, "Are you planning on coming back here?" I looked at her with a "WTF, HUH??!" look on my face. I had to explain to her that I am an ongoing patient there. Why else would I be there, for God's sake??!!
2.) We brought a blank DVD with us (as we had done last u/s) for the u/s session to be burned onto the dvd. She stated that she doesn't know how to operate that function on the machine. So no DVD for us.
3.) She really made no attempt to find out the gender. Instead, she wrote "BREECH" next to Twin A, and left it at that. Nice.
4.) She made no attempt to wipe the u/s goo off of my tummy for me. Instead, she handed me a towel to do it myself.
5.) She states that my OB wants her to do an tranvaginal u/s to view my cervix. No biggie. But the problem is that she not only does not leave the room to allow me to take my pants/panties off, nor does she give me a sheet to cover myself, but on top of that...she actually had the nerve to have me struggle against my big belly to try to put the damn u/s probe in myself!! Then she asks if I've ever had an "internal u/s" done before. GRRRRR....try reading my chart, numbnuts.
At the end of it all, we are now 18 weeks, and only know the gender of one twin. Yes, I realize in the big scheme of life it's best that we even know that both babies are doing well, but c'mon! We would like to have an opportunity to begin putting together their nursery, now that I am about 1/2 way through this pregnancy. And dealing with idiots really piss me off.
Oh my...that's ridiculous!!! There is nothing like a clueless "professional" to ruin your day :(
ReplyDeleteNot knowing the DVD machine is one thing, but your supposed to empty your bladder before a transvaginal u/s...oh and SHE'S SUPPOSED TO HOLD IT!!! As IF someone who's been through everything you have wouldn't know that...geez!
I am happy for you on knowing at least one is a boy...congrats!!!
When is your next visit? I would call and maybe make a complaint...they might be able to bring you in for another???
Thanks Jenny for your empathy and understanding of the situation. I am still seething about this experience today. After discussing it with DH, I plan to call today to schedule another u/s ASAP. It just sucks though, b/c we pay out of pocket for each u/s, plus it's a 30 min drive from our house to the clinic, plus my DH must take time off of work just to get us there. What a costly hassle. And this experience is simply the tip of the iceburg with this clinic. I think it's time I write a letter of complaint today, and mail it to the clinic. I am sooooo angry.
ReplyDeleteOh Roxy, I'm so sorry! I can't believe they would substitute someone that unprofessional with such a horrible bedside manner. The last part about the transvaginal u/s is horrible. How could she do that to someone?! She shouldn't have a job if that's the way she behaves. I would absolutely write a complaint to the clinic. If anything, to ensure you never have to deal with that girl again. Hopefully soon you will know which gender Twin A is.
ReplyDelete