Just the two of us...for now

Just the two of us...for now
And so the journey begins...

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A different journey begins soon

Jeff and I have made the decision to move forward with another try at an IVF cycle, using an egg donor. But how in the world do we make the ultimate choice of who will be the donor??! After looking at a worldwide database, it's been narrowed down to about 5 candidates. But making the final decision is beyond tough. After all, this donor will be genetically linked to our children and our grandchildren. But above all else, I feel blessed to have this opportunity to make a family. I feel much more positive about the chances of success for us going this route. There is a certain sense of hope that I didn't quite feel before, when it was up to my ovaries to perform. I've even begun to look at baby items online, and Jeff and I have discussed getting a few things in the near future to keep our spirits up about the process.
We will have to have the final decision made about the egg donor by the first week of April to get the process started. After all, there are many tests that she must pass, such as genetics testings, psychological testings, and then we must both get our cycles in synch with one another through hormone injections. Our hope is to have me successfully pregnant by the first week of June. This is going to be an extremely costly event, but for a much loved baby. :) I can't hardly wait to begin.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new path. Good luck in choosing your donor. I cannot even BEGIN to imagine how extremely difficult that must be.

    ReplyDelete